Friday 5 February 2010

Well I should really be thinking about going to sleep but hubby is working away and I don't sleep well when he's not here so I think I'll ramble for a bit then read till I can drift off. Tried to register to carry on my degree with an english literature course this week but missed the deadline so can't do it till October now. This is probably a good thing though since I have quite a lot to organise and sort out before I can really concentrate on studying. I really need to get into a better routine and stay on top of the mundane things, but that's the trouble, I'm fed up of mundane! Work gets me down a bit too, although the people are lovely the job itself is not stimulating enough, and I'm just bored, hence the return to study. The plan is to read all the set texts for the english literature course between now and October and be well prepared, which hopefully I will enjoy as there are a few I know I will like, and Frankenstein I studied for my A level so it will be like going back to an old friend. I can read the notes I made in my old copy! Need a hobby to last me until Spring when I can get going on the garden though, I'm a fairweather gardener, and although I can't wait for flowers and warmer days, I am not relishing digging over the vegetable beds to prepare them for planting. Back to Mansfield Park and the power of Jane Austen to help me go to sleep! Looking forward to reading Vanity Fair next... Night blogland.

No comments:

Post a Comment